Sunday, October 01, 2006

Scripts are out

I have sent scripts out to all who are wanting to audition for the film. We are still pretty set on the 7th for casting. I am trying to figure out how many people are going to audition, its looking like we may need a second day for casting. Be ready with lines memorized. I will send out a list of scenes we will read during the audition for each scene. I am thinking we will probably have the cafe scene and maybe one of the scenes between Karen and the Detective.

We will bring you in, have you read and if the casting director has any notes, we may have you try it a few different ways. We will have a camera there so we can review performances later, and should have a decision on cast by the 1oth of October.

If I missed anyone in my emails of the script, let me know by email, and I will send it out to you. (include a line about how you heard about the film in your email.)

I will have costume availible only for extra roles like doctors and nurses, but all the other roles will be clothing specific to the age range, so I assume everyone should be ok with wearing their normal clothes. Karen should wear light clothing, slightly loose, and seem a bit under the weather. Rachel should be very bright and cheery, and wear clothing with vibrant colors to reflect that. She is the bright point in the film, so think smiles and laughing (not too ditzy, just kind and happy).

Let me know if you have any questions. I should have a definate location to do auditions around tuesday or wednesday, and then I will start letting people sign up for times (I plan to have everyone sign up for a 20 minute block of time, so people don't have to wait around all day to audition.).

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what camera do you guys use? the project sounds interesting

 
At 10/24/2006 12:44 AM, Blogger Mike said...

We are using a CP-16 with an angienuix 10-150mm lens, and an angie 6mm prime. 2 4oo foot mags, 4200 feet of short ends 7217.

We just got done shooting about 3450 feet of it this weekend, and have only a few scenes left to shoot. Performances have been awsome all around.

 
At 10/29/2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds good, how can I watc your movie when its done? Could you upload some of the trailers to youtube ?

 
At 10/29/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Trailers will probably make it to you-tube (though I am not quite sure how I will cut a minute long trailer, when the film is only 15 minutes long)

The film itself won't be on the internet, since several film festivals have requirements about that. You will just have to look for it at your local film fest. Also we will be looking for TV distrabution, like with IFC shorts or something like that. It will never be on You-Tube however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/