Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pics from the Cafe

Here's the first batch of pics. I have a lot more (esp. from saturday) way too many to post here (over 200) but for the actors, I will burn you a CD or DVD with all the pics on there. Dailies from the shoot will take a while to get back (mostly because I am too broke to pay for them now) but I am saving and should get them back within a few months. When it all comes in everyone will know, and I will try and get some clips online. I plan to bring my laptop to work every day, and hopefully with enough slow news days I can rock out a rough cut quickly, and we can have a small screening.





















Saturday we will meet up at providence at 9:30. we don't have availibility until 10 or 10:30, but that way we can start rehearsals and set up the lights so that when we do get in there, we can go very quickly. After that we need to shoot the scene in the hallway, the scene where Karen walks into Rachels house, the note being slid under the door insert, and the small scene in Karens bathroom. I will go through the script to make sure thats all we have left, but I think we should be able to do that in one day and be done with the principle photography. We have 750-850 feet of film left, so lets hope it doesn't take any more than that. We ended up burning a lot more film in the cafe than I thought we would (though in general we shot less than I planned on for the scenes we got)

Thats all the news thats fit to print. We're in the home stretch!

5 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

...

did we forget to shoot me getting the note from under the door? Or are you just going to shoot a quick shot of it? Didn't we need to see Karen looking at it when she gets it?

 
At 10/30/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, I have been trying to figure that out for a while. I think I am just going to shoot that whenever. I avoided it during the shoot since we didn't have a proper door. I still have the camera. I already short ended the last of the film, so we will look funny turning in 15 rolls between 200-350 feet, and one roll thats like 10 feet, but oh well.

I just gotta figure out where I am going to do that (I have been asking around to see if anyone has a door with a letterbox. no luck) I have been considering going to Home Depot and shooting an insert in the store. I may re-write it somehow to make it easier/more possible to shoot.

I think I am going to link the note to karen by showing the changing writing on the note as it slides under the door, that way when your looking at it trying to read it, we understand where it comes from.

Actually I have been having dreams I missed whole scenes. In one dream I realized I forgot to shoot the scene where Karen walks her elephant down the stairs. I realized I had left the elephant the zoo lent me in my garage for a week and a half, without feeding it. I have no idea where this came from, but it might be a good scene. I wonder if tom lampy at the zoo would loan us maggie....

Oh, and speaking of disecting cats, I shot a story today where some kids (7th and 8th grade) were disecting a bear and a moose. I asked one kid to explain all the stuff on the table thinking he wouldn't know or would stumble, but he didn't miss a beat. He knew what every peice of flesh was. It was kinda cool (other than the smell) Too bad we didn't use the audio of him explaining every part.

 
At 10/31/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

xD

You could always slide it under a regular door. There's no rule that says you need to kill yourself looking for somewhere with a letterbox.

I keep dreaming we forgot something, too. Like paying the actors.... or maybe it was I just keep running for blocks and no one says cut.

And speaking of dissecting cats, I think we should have a wrap party at your place on a friday in a couple weeks. If you can pay food costs, my mom and I would cater it. Nothing fancy, but good food (we're good cooks). Give me a call, or I'll call you. Me want wrap party.

 
At 10/31/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hmmm, Pay the actors? No I didn't forget that. Remember, we're gonna gross a million dollars. 5% is all you! (I'll actually give you 10% since you were there all day in almost every take)

Wrap party, I like this idea. Food would be cool, let me know what you want to make. I was thinking that would be a good time to fill the keg and have a big wrap party (we would need more than cast and crew there, cause thats just way too much beer).

I am going to florida tommorow night for my brothers wedding, so I will be out, but we will talk about it when I get back monday.

 
At 11/27/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Are you still alive? How's the movie coming?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/